Heart Of Yoga
For those of you who would like to deepen your practice and explore the path of Yoga more fully we have put together this Intensive Course consisting of 10 full weekends.
Yoga enables us to know and understand ourselves on all levels of human consciousness - to discover our fullest potential in all aspects of our being, physical, psychological and spiritual.
To achieve this requires effort. Patanjali tells us that success comes when practice is maintained "for a long time, without interruption and with enthusiasm and sincerity" (Sutra I. 14)
Ashtanga Yoga is a challenging practice which requres determination and committment.
Patience, focus and dedication will inevitably bring rewards. Establishing a practice is the first step on the path. This course will help you to understand your practice and to go more deeply into the heart of your yoga. It will give you the opportunity to integrate the practice into your daily life; to know yourself fully; to think and act with clarity and awareness; to enjoy life in every way.
For a more detailed introduction to the course, its origins and aims, please click here .
The number of students participating on the course will be restricted to 14. This is to ensure maximum attention to the needs of each student by the Tutors.
- A. Yoga Chikitsa - Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series:
- I. Dristi II. Vinyasa III. Alignment IV. Adjustments
- B. Additional Techniques:
- I. Hip-openers II. Opening the Back etc.
- I. Anatomy II. Bandhas III. Samavrtti IV. Ujjayi V. Kumbhaka VI. Pranayama Techniques.
- I. The Four Internal Limbs
II. The Mind
III. The Nature of Thought
IV. The Senses, Prakriti and the Gunas
V. Objects of concentration
VI. Meditation Practice
- A. The aims of Yoga. The Yoga Sutra Of Patanjali:
- I. Sanskrit Chanting II. Translation, reflection and discussion
III. Course work.
- B. Yoga practice in daily life:
- I. The Bhagavad Gita: reflection, discussion
- Yoga Anatomy
- A. Gross Anatomy & Physiology, Principles of Support and movement:
- I. Skeletal system - Axial and Appendicular
III. Muscle system
IV. Repiratory System
V. Other systems.
- B. Subtle Anatomy - Nadis and Chakras:
- I. Location
II. Bija mantras
III. Psychological aspects
IV. Grounding, clearing and energising chakras.
- Yoga Nidra
- A systematic method inducing complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation. Sankalpa.
- Lifestyle & Nutrition
- I. Diet II. Kriyas III. Additional practices IV. Practising Yoga and living a normal life!
- Course Work
- A. Journal
- I. Daily Practice record
III. Self- observation; Physical, Mental, emotional efffects
IV. Relaxation and Meditation experiences.
- Reading List
- A. Required Texts:
- I. Yoga Mala - Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
II. Ashtanga Yoga - Lino Miele
III. Light on Life - BKS Iyengar
IV. The Heart of Yoga - TKV Desikachar
V. The Bhagavad Gita - Eknath Easwaran (Arkana)
- B. Recommended Texts:
- I. Moola Bandha - Swami Buddananda
II. Principles of Anantomy and Physiology - Tortora & Grabowski
III. Hatha Yoga Pradipika - Swatmarama
IV. The Upanishads - Eknath Easwaran
The dates for the 2013 course are as follows:
Jan. 25 - 27 Aug. 23 - 25
Feb. 22 - 24 Sep. 20 - 22
Mar. 22 - 24 Oct. 18 - 20
Apr. 19 - 21 Nov. 8 - 10
May 24 - 26 Nov 29 - Dec. 1
Saturday (6.5 Hours)
- 09.00 -10.30: Asana Techniques
- 10.30 -12.30: Asana Practice (guided)
- 13.30 - 15.00: Philosophy
- 15.00 - 16.15: Meditation and Pranayama
- 16.15 - 16.30: Closing.
Sunday (4.5 Hours):
- 08.00 - 10.00: Pranayama & Mysore Practice
- 11.30 - 12.15: Chanting
- 12.15 - 13.25: Lifestyle, Nutrition, Yoga History, DVD
- 13.25 - 14.00: Yoga Nidra
The Course Fee is €1950, payable as a €1000 deposit as soon as a place is offered, and the balance by January 20th 2012. Please take note that the deposit is Non-transferable and Non-refundable.
You can also avail of a Heart of Yoga and Annual Card for 2013 Special Package, whereby 20% reduction on the price of an Annual Card is given. Other Early Bird payment packages for Heart of Yoga and Heart of Yoga + Annual Card are also available. For details Click here
- Students must read and accept the conditions set out in Heart of Yoga Terms and Conditions and Fees and should pay same according to the schedules detailed therein. For these Terms and Conditions please click here.
- Important Note: Deposit amount of €1000 is non-transferable (either to another person or another course/year) and non-refundable, except in the case of cancellation by organisers.
- Participation on this course alone does not qualify one to teach Ashtanga Yoga.
- The Asana practice on this course is principally the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga, but this may vary from practitioner to practitioner..
- Accepting a place on the Course is a committment (i) to try to develop a daily practice; (ii) to stop at a particular asana in the Series, if asked to do so by the Tutors; (iii) to try to attend all of the hours of the Course.
Newsview all news
- Retreat in Italy
Retreat for a week of Yoga and sun in Italy. ...
- Upcoming Workshops
Chanting and Philosophy Workshop this coming weekend.Click here for details.