Upcoming WorkshopsOctober 26, 2011
May 31 - June 3: Peter Sanson returns for 4 days. Click here for details.
Teacher Training Course 2013September 19, 2011
The 2013 Teacher Training is booking now. Please call David asap to secure a place. 087 237 6383 . For all details about the course see our Teacher Training page .
Next Beginners CourseMay 6, 2008 Starts weekend of May 18/19, 2013. For full details click here.
Teacher Training Course ContentAugust 29, 2011
COURSE AIMS AND CONTENT
The aims of the course can be detailed in two areas, and the course content to achieve these aims is detailed in the Modules below.
A. Personal Practice:
1. To develop a daily personal Yoga asana practice.
2. To understand the philosophical principles of practice (abhyasa) and non-attachment (vairagya).
3. To know and understand the system of vinyasa krama of Ashtanga Yoga.
4. To develop a regular personal pranayama practice.
5. To develop a regular meditation practice through antar mouna.
6. To understand the practices of pratyahara and dharana, and the principles of dhyana and samadhih.
7. To develop a regular practice of reading Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra and Bhagavad Gita and chanting at least Samadhih and Sadhanah Padah.
8. To develop sattwa sanga, or good practices in relation to Lifestyle and Nutrition.
B: Teaching skills and methodology
1. To develop the primary skills ...read more
Heart of Yoga One Year Intensive CourseJuly 8, 2010
Is it for Me?
The Heart of Yoga course is for everyone, whether you have only recently come to Ashtanga Yoga or have been practising for some time already. If you are interested in really discovering what Yoga can do for you then here is an opportunity to make that happen. There is a very simple relationship in Yoga; the more you give yourself to it, the more you receive from it. And this does not mean just more doing postures, which can only give you so much, but rather, utilising many other aspects of Yoga as well.
The course will provide you with the means and support to integrate the practices and principles of Yoga into your daily experience, and to use them to enhance the quality and tranquillity of life you enjoy. This is as true for the Beginner as for anyone else. If you would like to ...
Heart of Yoga Fee Packages and Payment OptionsJuly 22, 2010
I. Heart of Yoga 2014 only
Option 1. Pay deposit now, balance later
Regular Fee is €1950, payable €1000 now and balance by 15 Jan. 2014
Please Note: €1000 deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Option 2. Pay by 16 September 2013.
By paying full fee by 16/9/11 you will get a 10% reduction, i.e. you pay €1755.
II. Heart of Yoga + Annual Card for 2014
Option 3. Pay deposit now, balance later
Heart of Yoga alone = €1950 Annual Card alone = €1200 (Total €3150)
Package both = €2835 (10% reduction)
Payable €1000 now, €950 by 9 Dec. 2013 and balance by 17 Feb. 2014
Option 4. Pay by 16 September 2013.
By paying full fee by 16/9/11 you will get additional reduction of 10% on Annual Card, i.e. you pay €2715.
Please Note: No matter which Payment option you may choose, be mindful that ...
Heart of Yoga Terms and ConditionsJuly 22, 2010
1. Fees must be paid as follows:
Deposit €1000(Non-refundable and Non-transferable) as soon as offered a place.
Balance by Jan 20th 2011.
2. Accepting a place on the course constitutes an agreement to pay the full fee, irrespective of whether one completes the course or not.
3. Those purchasing a reduced price Annual card in Conjunction with Heart of Yoga:
Heart of Yoga Fee as in 1. above and Annual card fee of €960 by April 1st. 2012
4. If you sign up for a Heart of Yoga/Annual Card Package no extension of the Annual Card validity period is possible even if you are for any reason unable to attend class during the year.
5. On accepting a place students must sign an agreement accepting these Terms and Conditions
Newsview all news
- Upcoming Workshops
May 31 - June 3: Peter Sanson returns for 4 ...
- Next Beginners Course
Starts weekend of May 18/19, 2013. For full details click ...